How to Perform Laser Hair Removal on Your Face?
Bareskin explains how to perform laser hair removal on a person's face. Laser hair removal is a procedure that is completed by using an ‘intense pulsed light’ on a person body.
This cosmetic procedure is used to remove unwanted hair on the body. The ‘intense pulsed light’ or IPL uses heat to destroy the hair follicles on one’s skin, which then, suspends hair growth on your skin. Some common areas that people tend to remove hair from are the face, arms, legs, underarms and/or the bikini line.
What does it involve?
First and foremost, the day before you get your hair removed with the IPL method, you will need to shave that certain area of your skin.
Then, on the day of your hair removal, you will have to wear goggles that are specially designed to protect your eyes during the whole cosmetic procedure.
In most cases, local anesthesia is not necessary for this procedure. If you think you may experience pain, you can apply a cooling gel or air spray to the area of your skin that will undergo the laser treatment. In 95% of cases, this is not needed.
Next, you will press the small hand-held Bareskin onto your skin and then, trigger the laser. This may feel like an elastic band is snapping onto your skin. So generally it may give a slight tingling feeling. We have found that most people using our IPL device do not experience any kind of pain or discomfort.
Each laser session takes typically between fifteen minutes to an hour, depending on the body part. The number of laser hair removal sessions that are needed is dependent on the area that needs to be lasered. If you targeting your whole body this may take up to 2 hours.
Kiss Your Facial Hair Goodbye!There is a couple of ways you can cover up areas like your legs or stomach without being noticeable however when some of the hair reaches your face, it can be extremely difficult to hide it.
Your face is the one body part that is always on display and because of this, it may seem like everyone you meet is focusing and staring directly at your face.
The hair on one’s face typically tends to be on the upper lips, chin or sideburns.
- Carefully get rid of your facial hair with laser hair removal
- Permanently remove your unwanted hair in a safe and private manner
- Help boost your self-confidence!
- Best of all, prevent any razor bumps and avoid irritation.
Your facial skin is said to be the most sensitive skin on your body. By constantly applying rough hair removal creams, wax and, other hair removal methods, your skin can become ruined. This concern is very important for both men and women.
There is no need to worry about finding a safe, effective and permanent method of removing your hair anymore, laser hair removal is the perfect way to remove hair from your face without the side effects of shaving has on your skin. Laser hair removal targets the dark pigments of your hair from the root and destroys it right on contact.
In just a few minutes, the hair removing process is finished and then you are just a step closer to achieving the baby soft skin of your dreams. A bonus point is that because of the little time it takes, this process can be done at any part of your day.
Frequently Ask Questions about performing laser hair removal on your face.
Does Laser hurt on the face?
Just like we discussed above, when you perform laser hair removal on your face you may experience a tingling sensation. To avoid any kind of discomfort we suggest that you start with a low setting on the handset when performing laser hair removal on your face. If you comfortable you can move up to a higher setting. In fact, the word pain is in a way being misused here as it would be much better to describe this feeling as discomfort. 99% of users will not even need any numbing cream for the whole process.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal on your face?
- At least a month before you prepare for laser hair removal, you should stop using tanners and just avoid the whole tanning process in general. Your skin must be as pale as it naturally is when the process is being conducted.It may be for this reason that many people prefer to undergo laser hair removal during the winter. If for any reason you must spend a long time in the sun before your treatment, then it is best to apply sunscreen or sunblock that is at least SPF 15 or higher.
- Another very important factor to note is that you must avoid plucking or waxing your hair from the area that will be lasered. Plucking and waxing can reduce the impact that the laser will have on your hair. Moreover, the hair under treatment should not be bleached. Shaving, however, is permissible and will not cause any problems.
- We suggest you shave the area that will be lasered in order to reduce pain.
- The skin should be clean of any and all chemicals or products.
- Protective goggles should be worn at the time of the treatment.
What are the side effects of having laser hair removal treatment on your face?
After getting the treatment done, your skin may be red and/or have a rash for at least 24 hours. Your skin may also be sensitive to sunlight so, avoid going into the sun and tanning.
On rare occasions, laser hair removal can result in:
- A blister(s) on your skin, however, it will be gone after seven or so days.
- Your skin shade lightening or darkening for some months.
- Sometimes, swelling for up to 7 days.
Should I use a moisturizer after laser hair removal?
Moisturizers are extremely beneficial after laser hair removal. You must avoid any products that contain alcohol. Using a high-quality sunscreen is also recommended.
How many laser hair removal treatments are needed for the face?
It may take 4-8 treatments for the hair to be permanently removed from your skin. However, this depends more on the hair growth rate of an individual.