How to Perform Laser Hair Removal on Your Face?
Bareskin explains how to perform laser hair removal on a person's face. Laser hair removal is a procedure that uses laser flash technology (intense pulsed light) on a person's body to remove body hair. First, we will examine how to use a laser hair removal device on a user's face.
This cosmetic procedure has been around for over 40 years and is used to remove unwanted hair on the body. The "intense pulsed light" or IPL uses heat to destroy the hair follicles on one's skin, suspending hair growth on your skin. As a result, people tend to remove hair from some common areas: the face, arms, legs, underarms, and the bikini line.
Removing hair from the face using the Bareskin laser device
First and foremost, the day before you get your hair removed with the IPL laser method, you will need to shave that particular area of your skin. So, for example, if it is your face and you have face stubble, we advise you to shave it. But if it's like fuzz, then we would not recommend shaving. But, again, this only applies to your face.
Then, on the day of your hair removal, you will have to wear goggles to protect your eyes during the whole cosmetic procedure. The Bareskin IPL device comes with a free pair of safety glasses.
Then, on the day of your hair removal, you will have to wear goggles to protect your eyes during the whole cosmetic procedure.
In most cases, local anaesthesia is not necessary for this procedure. However, if you think you may experience pain, you can apply a cooling gel or air spray to the area of your skin that will undergo the laser treatment.
Next, press the small hand-held Bareskin onto your skin and then trigger the laser. The flash may feel like an elastic band is snapping onto your skin. So generally, it may give a slight tingling feeling. However, most people using our IPL device do not experience any pain or discomfort.
Each laser session typically takes fifteen minutes to an hour, depending on the body part. Therefore, the number of laser hair removal sessions needed depends on your target area. For example, lasering may take up to 2 hours if you target your whole body.
Kiss Your Facial Hair Goodbye!
There are many ways to cover up areas like your legs or stomach without being noticeable; however, when some hair appears on your face, it can be tough to hide it.
Your face is the one body part that is always on display, and because of this, it may seem like everyone you meet is focusing and staring directly at your face.
The hair on one’s face typically tends to be on the upper lips, chin or sideburns.
Why do I need to do laser hair removal on my face?
- Carefully get rid of your facial hair with laser hair removal
- Permanently remove your unwanted hair safely and privately.
- Help boost your self-confidence!
- Best of all, prevent any razor bumps and avoid irritation.
Your facial skin is the most sensitive skin on your body.
You damage the skin on your face by constantly applying hair removal creams, waxing, and shaving. These are typical concerns among both men and women.
There is no need to worry about finding a safe, effective and permanent method of removing your hair anymore; laser hair removal is the perfect way to remove hair from your face without the side effects shaving has on your skin. Laser hair removal targets the melanin pigments of your hair from the root and destroys it right on contact.
In just a few minutes, the hair removing process has been completed, and then you are a step closer to achieving the soft baby skin of your dreams. As a bonus, this procedure will only take a few minutes.
Frequently Ask Questions about performing laser hair removal on your face.
Does Laser hurt on the face?
As discussed above, when you perform laser hair removal on your face, you may experience a tingling sensation. To avoid any discomfort, we suggest that you start with a low setting on the handset when performing laser hair removal on your face. Then, if you are comfortable, you can move up to a higher power setting.
In a way, the word pain is being misused here. It would be much better to describe this feeling as a slight discomfort. Bareskin users have noted that over 99% of users will not even need any numbing cream for the process of laser hair removal on the face.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal on your face?
- At least a month before you prepare for laser hair removal, you should stop using self-tanners or avoid the whole tanning process in general. Your skin should be as pale as naturally possible. For this reason, many people prefer to undergo laser hair removal during the winter. If for any reason, you must spend time in the sun before your treatment, then it is best to apply sunscreen or sunblock that is at least SPF 30 or higher.
- Another crucial factor to note is that you must avoid plucking or waxing your hair from the area that you will laser. Plucking and waxing can reduce the laser's impact on your hair.
- The hair under treatment should not be bleached. Shaving, however, is permissible and will not cause any problems.
- We suggest you shave the area a day before to reduce pain.
- The skin should be clean of any chemicals or skincare products.
- You should wear protective goggles at the time of the treatment.
What are the side effects of having laser hair removal treatment on your face?
After getting the treatment done, your skin may be red or have a rash for at least 24 hours. Your skin may also be sensitive to sunlight, so avoid going into the sun and tanning.
- On rare occasions, laser hair removal can result in:
- A blister(s) on your skin. However, it will be gone after seven or so days.
- Your skin shade lightens or darkens for a few weeks.
- Sometimes, swelling for up to 24 hours.
Should I use a moisturizer after laser hair removal?
Moisturizers are extremely beneficial after laser hair removal. However, you must avoid any products that contain alcohol. Using high-quality sunscreen is also recommended.
How many are laser hair removal treatments needed for the face?
It may take 8 - 12 weeks for the hair to fall out from your skin naturally.
However, this depends on the hair growth rate of an individual. Also, hair on the face may be coarse, taking longer to fall out.
Having laser hair removal on your face is easy and safe. This kind of procedure has been done many times, and with the Bareskin IPL device, you can now do this procedure in your own home.
Medically reviewed by: Jennifer Taylor (Somatology)