How to perform laser hair treatment on yourself
If you are wondering if you can perform a laser hair removal treatment on yourself then this article is for you. The answer is YES!. It is possible to remove hair by yourself using a Bareskin handset.
The Bareskin IPL Kit will help you perform this task and you will receive amazing results.
If you follow our steps, you will be able to perform the treatment on yourself and you will have hair-free skin. You will not have to shave your hair on a daily basis. You will never experience itsy skin ever again. You will not experience ingrown hairs ever again.
The hair under the arms and hair on the legs causes a lot of stress, especially to the ladies. It does not matter what you believe in or the culture of your family, shaving unwanted hair is a big part of daily lives.
Many women(and men) use vast amounts of money trying to get rid of hair in different parts of their bodies. So it's just natural for women and men to be interested in hair removal without all the negative side effects.
Well once you have performed the removal of hair on yourself, you can go ahead and cross off the problem of shaving unwanted hair from the list of problems.
Number one was chemical peels, followed by filters, and Botox came in third.
Hows do laser hair removal work?
Basically, the laser treatment light kills the hair follicle. The follicle absorbs the heat from the laser when your hair is in an active growth cycle which will, in turn, prevent the hair follicle from growing back.
Put it another way, think of the follicle as the bulb of a flower. If you destroy a bulb of the flower then the flower can’t grow. So when you kill the follicle then the hair can’t grow again.
That’s why the use of laser treatment is a permanent way of getting rid of unwanted hair once and for all. But what you need to understand is that hair grows in different cycles and so you cannot kill all the hair with a single treatment. You will be required to perform several laser treatments in order to get rid of all the hair.
Instructions on how to perform laser hair removal treatment on yourself.
You should perform this treatment on the area you want hair gone once every two weeks. This will result in a 30% hair reduction three weeks after you perform the first treatment. If you continue using the Bareskin device, with time, it will continue reducing the hair and after a couple of months, all the hair will be gone not to return for many months.
You can even perform laser treatment on your face to remove unwanted hair and it will leave your face much smoother and silkier as appose to more harsher hair removal procedures. Laser hair removal is one of the most used way of removing hair in South Africa.
When to consider laser hair removal?
- You can perform a laser hair removal at any time you have unwanted body hair that limits you to wear a certain type of clothes.
- You can also perform this task if you have dark hair and you are light skinned.
- If you are already looking for alternative methods of removing unwanted hair.
Pros of laser hair removal
- You can perform this treatment on both small and large areas affected by unwanted hair.
- When you perform a laser hair removal treatment, your skin complexion will be more uniform.
- Hair will never grow again after performing an average of 5 sessions. It can take some people only three sessions to completely remove hair while for some it may take up to 8 sessions.
Cons of laser hair removal.
- You have to perform multiple treatments in order to get the desired results.
- People with dark skin sometimes don’t respond well to this treatment.
- Blonde hair is less responsive to laser hair removal treatment.
How do you know you are a good candidate for laser removal?
Anyone who has hair under the armpits, looking for alternative methods of hair removal and has unwanted hair on any part of the body is a good candidate for this treatment. It will work even better if you have dark hair and light skin.
How is this procedure performed?
Before beginning this procedure it is advised you place some protective eye shields on your eyes to prevent injury.
Getting started step 1
- Clean the place you want to perform laser hair removal.
- Shave the entire area and do not wax the hair or pluck the hair.
- This handset targets hair follicles and so waxing or plucking hair will only lead to ineffectiveness of the device.
- Dry clean the area and then you can enter step two.
Step 2 is selecting your treatment level.
The Bareskin handset has 5 energy levels. Choose the level that you think will work perfectly for you. We suggest starting with the lowest level (1) and work your way to the fifth level (highest).
Step 3 is beginning the treatment.
- Place the device on a 90-degree angle against your skin and then start the process.
- Don’t go over the same area more than one time and make sure to move in a circular manner.
- Treat the affected area once every two weeks and after three months or until you can start seeing results.
You can shave hair in between the laser sessions, just make sure not to pluck the hair or wax it.