How to perform laser hair removal treatment on yourself
If you are wondering if you can perform a laser hair removal treatment on yourself then this article is for you. The answer is yes. It is possible to perform a laser hair removal on yourself.
The new at home advanced lasers like the Bareskin device will help you perform this task and it produces excellent results.
If you follow our steps, you will be able to perform the treatment on yourself and you will have hair-free skin. You will not need to shave your hair daily using a blade which is boring because of how itchy it becomes after shaving hair using razor blades. You won’t grow more hair. You should give it a try.
The hair under the arms and hair on the legs causes a lot of stress especially to the ladies. It does not matter what you believe in or the culture of your family, shaving unwanted hair is like part of our lives.
Many women spend vast amounts of money trying to get rid of hair in different parts of their bodies. So if any lady hears of a way that she can permanently get rid of unwanted body hair, then she will have to try and see if it works.
Well once you perform a laser hair removal treatment you can go ahead and cross the problem of shaving unwanted hair from the list of problems.
According to a research that was carried out in 2013, laser hair removal was number four as the most common minimally procedure. Number one was chemical peels, followed by filters, and Botox came in the third position. Like other procedures performed by doctors in dermatology laser hair removal is a little bit expensive.
How does this work?
The laser treatments kills the hair follicle, which then absorbs some heat from the laser when your hair is in an active growth cycle which will in turn prevent the hair from growing back. If you still don’t get it, think follicle as the bulb of flower. If you destroy a bulb of the flower then the flower can’t grow. So when you kill the follicle then the hair can’t grow again.
That’s why the use of laser treatment is a permanent way of getting rid of unwanted hair once and for all. But what you need to understand is that hair grows in different cycles and so you cannot kill all the hair with a single treatment. You will be required to perform several laser treatments in order to get rid of all the hair.
Instructions on how to perform laser hair removal treatment on yourself.
You should perform this treatment on the area you want hair gone every two weeks. This will result to a 40 - 50 percent hair reduction three weeks after you perform the first treatment. With time, it will continue reducing the hair and after a short time all the hair will be gone and not return for a couple months.
You can perform laser treatment on your face to remove unwanted hair and it will leave your face with a smoother skin and silkier compared to other ways of removing facial hair. It is also doesn’t cause much discomfort when using it. Laser hair removal is one of the most used way of removing hair in South Africa.
When to consider laser hair removal
- You can perform a laser hair removal at any time you have unwanted body hair that limits you to wearing certain type of clothes.
- You can also perform this task if you have dark hair and you are light skinned.
- If you are already looking for alternative methods of removing unwanted hair.
Pros of laser hair removal.
- You can perform this treatment on both small and large areas affected by unwanted hair.
- When you perform a laser hair removal treatment, your skin complexion will be more uniform.
- It can take some people only three sessions to completely remove hair while it will take some up to 8 sessions.
Cons of laser hair removal.
- You have to perform multiple treatments in order to get the desired result.
- People with dark skin sometimes don’t respond well to this treatment.
- Blonde hair is less responsive to laser hair removal treatment.
How do you know you are a good candidate for laser removal?
Anyone who has hair under the armpits, looking for alternative methods of hair removal and have unwanted hair on any part of the body is a good candidate for this treatment. It will work even better if you have dark hair and a light skin.
How is this procedure performed?
Before beginning this procedure it is advised you place some protective eye shields on your eyes to prevent injury on your retinas.
Getting started is Step 1
- Clean the place you want to perform laser hair removal.
- Shave the entire area and do not wax the hair or pluck the hair.
- This device targets follicle and so waxing or plucking hair will only lead to ineffectiveness of the device.
- Dry clean the area and then you can enter step two.
Step 2 is selecting your treatment level.
The device has 5 energy levels. Choose the level that you think will work perfectly for you. We suggest starting with the lowest level (1) and work your way to the fifth level (highest).
Step 3 is beginning the treatment.
- Place the device on a 90 degree angle against your skin and then start the process.
- Don’t go over the same area more than one time and make sure to move in a circular manner.
- Treat the affected area once every two weeks and after three months you can start seeing results.
You can shave hair in between the laser sessions, just make sure not to pluck the hair or wax it.